I was admiring the bonsai plants that we brought back (illegally) from Vietnam - 2 months ago. They are doing amazingly well and have sprouted leaves. You would never have guessed that each root was tightly wrapped in newpaper and tin foil (to trick the x-ray machines) and spread out amongst the different luggage bags. :-) I might have to nab one of these when I move out (as it's rediculously expensive to buy a bonsai root of that size over here). We even have a bonsai (not pictured here) that grows on coral. All we need now is a backyard pond and some fish to put it into to complete the "zen" look.
Thursday, June 15, 2006
smuggled goods
I was admiring the bonsai plants that we brought back (illegally) from Vietnam - 2 months ago. They are doing amazingly well and have sprouted leaves. You would never have guessed that each root was tightly wrapped in newpaper and tin foil (to trick the x-ray machines) and spread out amongst the different luggage bags. :-) I might have to nab one of these when I move out (as it's rediculously expensive to buy a bonsai root of that size over here). We even have a bonsai (not pictured here) that grows on coral. All we need now is a backyard pond and some fish to put it into to complete the "zen" look.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment