Sunday, December 21, 2008

is it really that cold?

Chicky and I have been sitting inside gazing out at the flurries. We don't have any proper snow gear to be frolicking in the flakes so we're enjoying it from the comfort of my electric blanket. Our main concern is how we're going to get to work tomorrow. Neither of us are prepared for bad weather. We only accomplished to make a shopping list. Things to buy: boots, windshield scraper and a small shovel. Chicky figures he'll have to dig out his car at some point.

I checked the weathernetwork and it apparently is going to continue snowing till Christmas Eve. :-) This should make the drive to work even more interesting. As I was checking out how cold it is outside - I noticed that it's currently -34 degrees celcius in Regina right now. That's -40 degrees if you factor in windchill. They're HIGH for the week is -28. BRRRR!!!! And here I am wimpering at a mere -2 degrees! Lol - I've lost all my Saskatchewan blood and have become a westcoast-wimp.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goodness! You're from where, and you think -2 is cold? You're a really from the westcoast now. Fri. night was -12 and we attended Peter's Company Xmas dinner (bumped into Chris and Cindy), it was so refreshing out. I wasn't wearing anything warm and I didn't shiver one bit!
Hard to believe you used to live out in the Prairies. LOL!