Friday, February 15, 2008

new beginnings

"The road of life twists and turns and no two directions are ever the same. Yet our lessons come from the journey, not the destination."
On Wednesday Chicky and I got engaged! It was a total surprise and very sweet. He wanted to celebrate Valentine's Day early so we met up at his place after work and he cooked dinner. After dinner I gave him his V-day gift (the Planet Earth DVD set) and he went upstairs to get me mine. He came down with a big bouquet of flowers. I was so happy as it's been like a decade since he's boughten me flowers. :-) They were so fragrant as "our" flower is the Star Gazer lily, also mixed in the bouquet was roses and baby's breath. He also handed me a midsize box. I opened it up and was confused by the car parts. I didn't know what to say as Chicky has given me car parts as a present in the past and I wasn't sure if this was my real gift or if there was another gift hidden inside (which he also likes to do). So I gingerly ask what it is and keep poking around for the possibly of a hidden gift. He said it was some kind of coolant thing for your car. I came across an envelope under some of the wires and a wave of relief washed over me. Whew! It wasn't a car part after all - maybe a gift certificate. I had been hinting that I've been overworked and in desperate need of a massage package. I opened the envelope and see a picture of a ring inside. I didn't clue in and looked over to ask Chicky what it was. He was down on one knee and held out a ring box. I was in shock and didn't say anything at first. Lol - it was awkward, romantic and amusing all at once.

We wanted to tell our family right away but his were out of the country and mine weren't home. It wasn't till last night that my family finally found out. I didn't really want to tell anyone till our family knew but I was bubbling with excitement so I told some coworkers the next day. Now it's time to let the rest of the gang know.

Thank you for all the well wishes! I haven't had a chance to talk to most of you in person and feel bad about that. I'm sure we can touch bases soon.

2 comments:

flam said...

Wow, Congratulations Kim! That's quite a surprise for Valentines day. I'm so happy to hear about the good news!

Toshiki said...

Congrat Kim!