Tis another unhappy purchase for Kimmi. I've been dealing with a stubborn and incompetent Ebay company (TriState Cameras) for the last 2 weeks. Due to some miscommunication and accounting errors on their side, I was charged twice for a flash that I ordered. I didn't find this out till I saw my credit card statement. From there it's been non-stop emails and threats of "legal action" on my part. Being an unhappy client I filed complaints against TriState with my credit card company and with Ebay. The manager of TriState Cameras has been in contact with me for 3 days now trying to resolve the issue, before that I had to deal with their "customer relations department". I was not happy with his pushy attitude and he was equally not happy with my inability to just withdraw the paperwork and deal with this on "our own". :-) I've learned through many experiences that you get faster results when things suddenly become "official". Unfortunately Michelle and her family had to witness one of my outburst to the manager at Brandon's birthday party last night. I was getting ready to go home when he called. The manager was not happy that I didn't return his calls as there is a 3 hour time difference between us so he was calling off hours. I'm not about to call New York everyday to fight about charges that they've made to my credit card so I let them call me. So when I finally did speak to him, he was trying to give me a "resolution" to our "little" problem. I was fuming mad at his version of a resolution and was not using my "inside voice". :-) Luckily the kids were not in the room. You see - the issue here was that he wasn't going to refund me the money because the second flash has not reached their company yet. I was furious at being held financially responsible for a product that has been in "transit" for over 2 weeks now. He had tried to convince me it was my problem because should the flash get damaged or go missing during transit, who would pay for it?! I think that's B/S as it's UPS problem if a shipment is damaged or missing. Technically I never received the second flash therefore they should have refunded the money right away. It was their accounting department's mistake in the first place! Anyhow he was trying to get me to sign a document that said all was hunky-dory and we're best buds now (to counter my documents to them that said all was NOT hunky-dory and we're mortal enemies). :-) Ah...he thinks I'm new to this legal game...
Anyhow he's filed with a mediation company and I was contacted by them today. I filed counter paperwork. No biggie to me as last week I was in a vendictive mood and wanted to blast out horrible messages on the photography forums. I let my mood pass and didn't do it incase I would regret it later (in the event that my own reputation - and chances at winning this - is wrecked by emotionally charged comments on the web). :-) TriState is suppose to be a reputable company. They're classified as a Platinum Seller on Ebay - meaning they have processed over 3000 transactions and have a 100% satisfaction rate. I'm sure they mean well but just because they're reputable doesn't mean they can make mistakes, expect me to say "oh well" and sit back and wait for when it's an ideal time for them to give me my money back. Anyhow we back to playing the waiting game. The manager is also refunding my shipping fee for the first flash as a sign of good faith. I'm willing to retract everything once I see a refund on my credit card. I'm aggressive/assertive but not totally unreasonable...
No comments:
Post a Comment