Saturday, August 18, 2007

University Women's Club of Vancouver

Chicky and I attended his coworker's wedding at Hycroft today. The wedding was beautiful - location, food and decor. They had a great blend of Indian and Jamaican traditions. The ceremony and reception was at one location so it was nice - we didn't have to drive around. Only thing was that we had to kill 2 hours between the ceremony and reception. Didn't know too many people there so Chicky and I amused ourselves with taking pictures around the garden/mansion. :-) Good thing we had the camera! I'll load the pictures later.

The food was great - the appetizers that they served to the guests while we waited was delicious (worthy of a couple snapshot!). The open bar helped many other guests pass their time. I really like the decoration of the reception - the primary flower of the wedding was orchids. They were splattered everywhere you turned (even on the ground along the aisle to create an orchid border). :-) I think I'll have to steal some of those decor ideas! Dinner, like the rest of the wedding, was posh. Our plates were about 3X larger than the food that was in it. :-) Chicky was starving but he had filled up a bit on lamb chops prior to dinner (I think he was stalking the lamb chop waiter!). I had a good amount of appetizers before the reception so I didn't mind the portions at dinner either - the appetizers were too good to pass up! Chicky and I aren't drinkers so we didn't get to enjoy the martini lounge, etc. I had a glass of wine and champagne - that was enough for me. Weddings are so emotional. Krishna was teary while doing her vows and Jason tried to make it funny. But then when it came time to do their thank you speech - Jason was in tears and Krishna had to take over. :-) It reminded me of KA & Mike's wedding weeks before - so much emotion from those two as well. I have no doubt that I will probably cry at my own wedding - as I get all teary at other people's!

1 comment:

teaser said...

Sounds lovely. Can't wait to see the pictures!