Thursday, August 16, 2007

fire in the sky

The commute to work was even slower this morning. I discovered that the smoke in the air was from a fire burning at the corner of Hastings & Willingdon. I felt so bad as that's where my parent's friend's jewelery store is. Poor Chu Paul. On the way home from work the firefighters were still working on controlling the cinders. As I drove up to the intersection I saw a firefighter manning one of those huge water guns. He was at the top of a SUPER long ladder aiming the gun across the sky - a very cool image. So I quickly whipped open my purse, grabbed my baby camera and took a picture as I drove by. :-) I had my fingers crossed that I wouldn't crash into the car infront of me while I did this. :-) I did get a funny grin from the driver next to me as he saw what I was trying to take a picture of. I wish I had the bigger camera with me and time to pull over to get the whole water stream.

No comments: