Monday, September 29, 2008

honeymooners

Thank you everyone for the SUPERB help and support on our wedding day. Who was tired Sunday?!!! KEL AND ME!!! My god - we left the reception - went back to Kel's house to entertain the out-of-town guests. Barely had time to take a shower and skirted off to Seattle. Kel was to drive to whole way but nearly killed us along the path so I pumped myself full of caffeine for the last leg of the drive. We got to our crappy hotel (Econo Lodge) where I hesitantly gave them keys to my car. I pray that it's safe in their crappy-used-car-sales lot they call a "secure garage". I was not impressed when the driver dumped our luggage out of the van and hitting me in the process. I was also checked by security at the door to the plane - quite surprising as they were mostly checking the middle eastern looking men. Kelvin wasn't there so he got off scott free. We boarded the plane but didn't get to sleep as we were squished in with a bunch of foreigners. Of all the seats to get - we get the only 2 with non-working video monitors. So being crazy-movie fanatics - we complained. They gave us $10USD (between the 2 of us) to spend at the next airport - there was a "work around" so they couldn't compensate us for the seats. The work around was for Kel and I to sit in different sections of the plane. Kel wanted to do it but I said no as this was suppose to be our HONEYMOON - meaning he can't start it off by sitting in another section of the plane for 10 hours. Once we flew over Europe the time/day changed - meaning we had very LITTLE sleep. We transferred in Amsterdam and were getting to the point where nearly 36 hours of being awake was starting to affect us. We arrived in Athens in the afternoon. Got to our lovely hotel with enough time to check the view, unpack and pass out. We woke up the next day. Duh! The next day we crammed in all the sightseeing possible.

No comments: