Tuesday, September 30, 2008

freestyle cruising

This is the first time Kel and I have gone on a cruise - let alone one to Europe. How exciting! The ship is called the Norwegian Jade. It's quite a large ship so I can't wait to see what it has to offer. This is our home-away-from home for the next 2 weeks. We'll post more pictures later on. I must say, "freestyle" cruising is much different from the conventional cruise ships. Everyone is so laid back. I love our room stewards - Micheal and Zaldi - they're always so cheerful! Plus they call us "Miss Kim" and "Mr. Le". That hilarious as the minister at the Church had also pronounced us "Mr & Mrs Le" on our wedding day. :-)

The ship is super germa-phobic. They spray us with antibacterial stuff at every turn. We're not allowed to touch any food at the buffet either. Everything has to be handled by them. I guess it's for our own safety. Last thing we need is an "outbreak" aboard the ship. It's only a pain in the butt when you have to wait in the buffet line for the staff to scoop something into your plate. If you dare reach for the anything on the table - you'd get scolded at. :-)

Where are we going for the cruise? Here's the itinerary:
  • START = Athens (Piraeus)
  • Katakolon
  • Corfu
  • Alexandria (and Cairo)
  • Iraklion
  • Mykonos
  • Izmire
  • END = Istanbul

No comments: