Sunday, April 20, 2008

the dress

This morning I woke up intending to take a day away from house hunting and concentrate on the wedding stuff. After a morning or running around doing errands, I picked up my mom after lunch and took her dress shopping. A spur of the moment thing.

We went down to Hastings street and viewed 3 stores down there. The smaller stores didn't have anything that I was interested in. I have an idea what type of wedding dress I want and basically needed to find a store that carried it.

The dress criteria was:
  • had to be sold on the floor in my size (as I wasn't going to order a dress due to time constraints and a need for security - I want to hug "my" dress at the end of this venture)
  • a-line design as I'm uninterested in the "Cinderella" looking dresses
  • corsette back because they are much more forgiving then zipper backs
  • detailing on top and bottom - simple is good but not TOO simple...
Hastings Street was unsuccessful so we headed to Brentwood Mall. Bryan's Bridal is there and is known to have a good selection of dresses for average prices. The stars must have been aligned because I found the perfect dress! What makes it even more perfect is that it requires minimal alterations - just have to hem the bottom up an inch or so. Very doable. I was even more estactic to find out that a brand new dress got shipped in 2 days ago in the style that I liked. So I said "sold!" The sales lady then asked me if I wanted to take a picture in the dress. I was dumb founded. Then I remembered that my camera was in the car. I normally don't carry the big camera with me but I guess it's fate. :-) I'm absolutely happy that I was able to find a dress and that I did so in one afternoon! Thank you to those that offered to go dress shopping with me. :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! You found the gown. I was starting to panic for you. I'm so happy and relieved for you. Could I see the gown and get a photo of you in that gown? I'm so excited that I so wanna show it to everyone. I'm all giddy and excited for the big day. :-D

kkyee said...

lol - show it to people?! that's no fun...