Thursday, March 23, 2006

Temple Photographers

Day 8 - March 24th
  • Went out for breakfast with Anh Hoan and his coworker. They're working on Chu Cuong's "playland" site - which we will tour later on in the weekend.
  • Had coffee with our parents and Anh Hoan at a very nice coffee shop - lots of opportunities to take pictures.
  • Took a taxi up to one of the temples to take some pictures. The taxi drivers here stay with you as they don't want to lose business. It's kinda like having a personal chauffeur.
  • There were "professional" photographers there who were eager to make some money off of us. We ended up taking 20 shots - we'll get them later on in the day. We figure they have better cameras (SLRs) and know which spots look good in photos so why not - plus the price is dirt cheap too.
  • I bought some postcards from some girl who was selling them on the streets - she tried to sell them to me in US dollars and I laughed at her. We've decided that paying in Vietnamese Dong is much cheaper (as the conversion is $1 CDN = approximately $13000 Vietnamese Dong).
  • Last night KA and I went to buy some fabric to go make some clothes. There's a seamstress across the street - hopefully he's skillful. The fabric prices are ok...so many to pick from though. I think we're going to get one outfit made first and see what the quality is like before we make some more. There are so many seamstresses here.
  • It's noon right now so after this post I'm going to go upstairs to our air conditioned room and rest.
  • We're going to our first Vietnamese wedding tonight. Going to crash Anh Hoan's friend's wedding. He says it's ok as weddings over here are different then in Canada - lots of people "stopping by". :-) It should be fun!

No comments: