Saturday, January 31, 2009

in need of a toque



This morning I went with Chicky down to Lasik MD for a consultation. He wants to get laser eye surgery. I've had mine done 3 years ago and can't imagine life with glasses again. If you ever get the opportunity to have it done - do so! The consulatation would take 2 hours to complete so I decided to walk over to Stanley Park and take a stroll on the sea wall. I brought my camera with me in case there was anything interesting to take a picture of.

The weather was very chilly (no sun till noon) and my ears/cheeks froze. I was in dire need of a toque. Luckily I had mittens so every now and then I would take my hands out of the mittens and put it against my face for warmth. Though it was brisk outside, there were surprising a lot of people on the sea wall. I saw many runners, bikers and families out for an early morning stroll. The park is still recovering from the winter blahs so there wasn't much to take a picture of (in my opinion anyways). I took one of the lookout lighthouse cause there was this seagull staking claim to it. There were a few people taking pictures of the Vancouver city skyline but that didn't really interest me. :-) I looked around the Yacht club to see if there were any interesting ships parked there today.

So if all goes as planned, Chicky will have his eyes zapped on Thursday and will be free from glasses as of next weekend. :-)

No comments: