Sunday, October 26, 2008

settling in

Yah! - we're 90% settled in. Most of the boxes have been unpacked and there's food in the fridge. Kel and I spent the weekend sorting through the must-do vs the can-wait-till-later chores. Things are coming together nicely and we're enjoying the "buying new stuff" phase. The last week was tiring as it was our first week back to work after a month off (for me anyways). After work each night we spent time putting things into boxes. It was only till Thursday that we actually started sleeping in the condo (as we just put together the bed). There's still much to do with the condo but the bare essentials are in. As long as I have clothes, food and internet - then I'm fine.

We have this big TV but no cable. :-( So it serves as another pc in the house. :-) The good thing is that most of my TV shows are downloadable. We're getting use to condo living again. The neighbor downstairs is quite atuned to what we do. He's expressed his concern (in person) over our need to build IKEA furniture at night. He even came up once to tell me that his ceiling light feel down from all the banging we're doing. I was tired from work and trying to put together a dresser before dinner so I didn't have much patience for his complaints. I stood at the door and just stared blankly at him. What did he want me to do? Pay for the light? Jeez - if there was an earthquake - he'd be killed by his falling lights! I told him that he could blantenly see that we're moving in and have to do everything at night (after work). Therefore I can't help with the noise. I was considerate enough to build the dressers in the bedroom where there's carpet instead of the laminate floored living room. Kel says he's not going to be a prisoner in his own home. So what do we do? Trade "notes" with apartment 308. We're all on first name basis. So it's Kim & Kelvin against Terry and Jonathan. :-) Terry is not confrontational so she likes to slip notes under the door for me to read and I do the same for her. Jonathan on the other hand likes to complain in person. I joke about inviting him for coffee one of these days as he's up here often enough. Kel doesn't think my joke is funny... Oh well - that's all part of communal living. They actually are getting better. Since we've completed putting together the IKEA stuff - we haven't seen Jonathan in a couple of days. :-) Wonder if he's keeping tabs below us...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally sorta have my PC up and going (keep my fingers crossed), anyhow, I could've told you so aboug the fag, Jonathan and his bitch, Terry. They have better nothing to do than to complain. I can't even phantom why they would be living in comunal living.
Peter said we will bring Brandon and Nathan back over there and have them cun around in the condo. LOL!
Jonathan and Terry are nothing but a joke! We hated them w/a passion. If I were you and Kel, I would pruposely get on their nerves and see what they can do. Cuz if you read the minutes, strata had wrote to them that they're living in communal living, what do they expect?
Wait til I come over there the next time, I'll have a note ready to slip under their door or maybe have my two boys stand outside the door and make some noise. Can't bare the two of them!

kkyee said...

Kay - I want to live in harmony with the neighbors. :-) Maybe you should forget about them and move on. It's not like you're living in the condo anymore so why should you care. I'm not interested in engaging in urban warfare with them.