Monday, January 07, 2008

happy new year!

Happy 2008 everyone!

I hope you all had a great time off. December went by in a flash. Lots of things happened and tons of parties to attend.

First off I guess the most significant (for me) is that Kel and I reconciled our differences and are back together. Some of you may have been confused to see us out and about but I didn't mention it as it's gets to be a pain in the ass to explain our topsey-turvey relationship to inquiring minds.

New Years Eve we attended Nick & Lisa's wedding. Nick was Chicky's roommate downtown. The wedding was wonderful and it was great to see all the hard work that Lisa put into it come together so nicely. I was astonished to find out that she hand made 80% of the wedding decor, etc - including her own wedding dress and catherdral-length veil. :-) The veil was longer than the dress and the dress was right up there with in the princess-length category. I like the idea of a new years eve wedding as there was a theme to the party and it's guaranteed that all the guests will stay past midnight. Chicky was on the wedding party so I found myself wandering around and trying to befriend strangers. We ate, listened to speeches, did all the other normal wedding things then after that it was dancing and the count-down. The good thing about it was the way Lisa had set up the head table. Chicky was able to sit with me and I didn't have to be stuck at a table with strangers. Head table was basically the bride, groom, bestman and maid of honor. The other bridal party members sat at 2 tables right below head table. All other guests were spread out on their respective sides of the room.



1 comment:

Charlene said...

We support you no matter what you decide.

You'll have to post some wedding pics. I can't wait to see this princess dress!