- KA and I leave for Saigon tomorrow night. We'll be traveling by train so it should be interesting.
- Today we tried to finish off some last minute things - such as print some pictures to give to the family here. Hopefully the picture quality will be good as I was a bit skeptical of the store - they didn't seem to have a computer so I kept asking if they had the capabilities of printing from an SD card.
April 4th
- KA and I went to the beach today. We wanted to just go down there and lay around (possibly read a book).
- We found on of the tourist spots. Paid $15,000 Dongs/chair and enjoyed the quietness. The rental of the chairs is pretty expensive but because it's part of the "marked" areas then the rental fee comes with security guards to watch over you and a flagged off area in which beggars and vendors won't come and bug you. Plus it was nice to hang with the whities! :-)
- KA wanted to make sure we weren't too close to the locals as she was not interested in listening to them gossip about the tourists. It's a fun past time - to go down to the beach and gawk at the tourists in their bikinis.
- Both of us wore our bikinis under our tank tops and capris pants. We didn't take our outer clothing off. We watched some of the local girls dive into the water and splash around fully dressed. :-) We haven't seen any local girls wear "bathing suits" yet (well - what we're use to as bathing suits). If you go into a store and ask to buy a bathing suit - they will hand you a tank top and pair of shorts. In dark colors of course.
- Tonight we had goat for dinner. It was definately "interesting". Nevertheless KA and I prefer "steamed goat" over roasted-goat. Luckily my parents asked them to chop the goat up for us as when they brought it out both KA and I looked at each other then back at our uncle and smiled politely.
- I've learned that when eating things that are not on my usual menu - it's best to order many cans of "coca" (Coke) to wash it down with. KA and I became quickly full on pop.
April 3rd
- Tonight we went out for dinner with some of the cousins. Chi Trang and her fiance took us to this fancy restaurant that served your choice of critter. There were misters in the restaurant to keep the guests cool.
- She ordered live oysters, frog legs, clams and mussels. The frog legs were pretty good. Tastes like chicken! And it was done "Thai" style so it was pretty spicy! I took pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment